Heart is the vital organ and provides uninterrupted supply to the body tissues round the clock. A little interference with the supply of blood to the body tissues can lead to serious emergency and even it can lead to death. Therefore, a healthy and properly functioning heart is the basic need for life. For the cardiac fitness, doctors and medical experts advise to take healthy diet and to perform exercises. It is a fact that we cannot completely implement the healthy diet program; however, we can improve our cardiac fitness by regular exercises.
(Source photo: www.tipsfordieting.com)
There are many ways to improve cardiac health with exercise like running, playing games, swimming and cycling. You can opt for any of the methods to perform cardio exercises; however every exercise needs time, space and equipment. In this technology era, people have no time to arrange proper exercise program to remain physically fit and active. Out of the said exercise methods, cycling is the only exercise which does not need managing special time. You can do this exercise while going to office and even when killing your leisure time on weekends. You just need to have a suitable bicycle like a hybrid bike. The subsequent points will helps you to improve cardiovascular fitness through cycling.
How cycling works for cardiovascular fitness?
- Riding a bicycle is a cheap and time saving source to live healthy life. Various types of body muscles are involved in cycling with normal speed. More you speed the bike more the muscles are activated. The cardiac muscles are activated even paddling with normal routine cycling. Either you go speedy or slow your heart work higher than the normal conditions. Unknowingly, you perform cardiac exercise because your intent is to reach the destination or to win the race.
- As you know, various body muscles are activated during cycling; so, energy requirement of the body is increased. Breathing rate is also increased leading to more fresh air and oxygen supply to the body tissues. Blood circulation to the whole body is increased. The metabolic process is also increased with increased blood circulation. All this process is only possible with healthy cardiovascular system and cycling improves this system gradually.
Cardiovascular fitness made easy with cycling
Cycling is the easiest way to acquire cardiac fitness and physical fitness. In the following few points, I made a cursory comparison of cycling and other exercises.
(source photo: www.ebay.com)
- Usually, people buy costly and heavy exercise machines for cardiac exercises. But after few days use, people get bored and leave exercise. Whereas cycling does not need too much money as machines. You need to buy a reliable hybrid bike to carry out routine activities and you will automatically get cardiac fitness.
- Swimming is also the best exercise for cardiovascular health but it also needs time and suitable place for safe and healthy swimming. Cycling does not need any special place. Just go on the road or even rough ground and continue cycling.
- All the exercises need time to perform sufficient exercise required to activate the cardiac muscles and to increase the energy requirements of the body. The cycling is the only exercise free of time factor because you can perform this exercise while traveling to your office or workplace.